THERE IS CURRENTLY NO FUNDING ROUND
THE MARCH 2020 FUNDING ROUND HAS NOW CLOSED
CONDITIONS OF COMMUNITY GRANTS
The next community grant funding round will be held in March 2020
March – Closing Date: 28 February 2020 for consideration mid March and payment by 31 March 2020.
- Individual applicants must reside within the Greytown District which covers the area bounded by the Tararua foothills and the Tauherenikau, Waiohine and Ruamahanga rivers.
- Community organisations such as Charitable Trusts & Incorporated Societies must be able to demonstrate they currently operate, or will deliver a benefit to residents, within the Greytown District.
- Applications will be accepted either in electronic or hard copy form.
- A separate application must be made for each project or event.
- All applications are considered by the Greytown District Trust Lands Trustees and awarded at their discretion and on the merits of each project for the greater well-being of the Greytown community.
- There is no maximum amount for any one grant however the Trust’s resources are limited and funding support is not guaranteed on an ongoing basis.
- Applicants will need to re-apply each year for consideration of funding to continue.
- There is a 12 month time limit for uplifting the funds from the date of notification of approval.
- After 12 months if funds have not been uplifted the grant will be rescinded and a new application must be completed and submitted for consideration.
- A detailed summary of the proposed project.
- Applicants seeking funding in excess of $5,000 must supply two written quotes for their project.
- Organisations are required to provide copies of their most recent annual report and financial statements that have either been audited or reviewed by a suitably qualified person. A copy of the current bank account balances at date of application.
- All first time applications must be accompanied by an encoded bank deposit slip or bank verification.
- First time community applications must also include a copy of their Trust Deed, Deed of Constitution for Incorporated Societies, Charities Commission registration certificate and proof of charitable trust status or Incorporation.
- At the completion of the project or event, applicants are required to send to the Trust a letter reporting on the result of the project or event.
- Successful applicants will be advised when payment is to be made.
- Grants will be paid directly into the applicants designated bank account.
- Applicants must acknowledge receipt of the funds for audit purposes.
- Where applicants are GST registered funding will only be given for the GST exclusive amount.
- The Trust may request receipted accounts as evidence of payment in advance of release of this grant.
CHECK LIST: HAVE YOU
Checked your eligibility for this grant?
Completed every section?
Provided full contact details?
Provided full details of your project?
Provided a copy of the meeting minute resolutions authorizing the funding application for organisations (if required)
Checked the bank account details are correct?
Enclosed an encoded bank deposit slip or bank account verification details? (first time)
Confirmed your charitable trust, incorporated society status and supplied supporting documentation? (first time)
Enclosed two written quotes for projects over $5,000?
Supplied supplementary information in support of the application?
Signed the application form agreeing to the conditions?
- The information collected in this application is for the purpose of determining those persons/organisations to whom the benefit of a grant may be awarded.
- The information is intended for the Greytown District Trust Land Trustees.
- The information will in all other respects be kept confidential and not disclosed to any other party without the consent of the applicant.
- Applicants may review or amend information supplied, on request, to the General Manager of the Trust.
NOTE: We will acknowledge all submissions received within 2 working days. If you do not receive an email from us acknowledging receipt of your application please contact our office on 304 9071 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Or alternatively, click here to download a PDF version, complete and return to us by mail or scanning and emailing to email@example.com
Click her to download a copy of our Social, Cultural and Environmental Funding Strategy adopted May 2019